There are two ways information can be given anonymously to Crime Stop:
- Call Crime Stop’s toll Free number - 311
- Giving the information by way of a web tip: the tab “Submit a Tip”.
WHAT INFORMATION IS NEEDED WHEN CALLING CRIME STOP
- When calling Crime Stop it is helpful if callers can answer as many of the following questions as possible – this will give the Police enough information which will allow for better investigations
- Information on Drugs
- Name of suspect(s) and age/description
- Where do they live? (Home address, etc.) and do they have a cell phone or home phone?
- How do you know he/she/they are dealing in drugs?
- What type of drugs is he/she/they selling?
- Where do they keep the drugs? (hiding place if known)
- Where is he/she/they selling e.g. sidewalk shop, on a corner, to cars in the street, etc?
- Describe the house and how entered (e.g. what colour, block & steel or wood, how many houses in the yard, etc.)
- Is there any security on the premises? (high walls & gates, fierce dogs, etc.)
- When does he/she/they sell the drugs e.g. time of day, which day of the week?
- Do they have a car? If so what make, colour and registration number?
Information on Ganja Fields
- Where is the ganja field? (can it be accessed easily)
- How big is the field? And is it ready for reaping?
Information on a drugs shipment:
- What type of drugs is being shipped in or out of Jamaica?
- How are the drugs to be transported – in containers at the ports, go-fast boats, fishing boats, airplanes (flight number and carrier?)
- When is shipment to take place?
- Do you know the names of the persons involved in the shipment
Information on Illegal Firearms
- If the caller has seen the weapon can they describe it – is it a handgun, rifle, SMG or shotgun?
- Is someone in possession of the weapon or is it hidden somewhere?
- If it is in someone’s possession – do you know where they can be found?
- Can you give details of the person’s location and when is the best time to find them there?
- Is there more than one firearm?
- Does the suspect carry the weapon all the time?
- If the weapon is hidden – can the exact location be given?
- When is the best time to find the weapon at the location?
Information on Stolen Motor Vehicle
- Why do you believe the vehicle is stolen?
- How long has the vehicle been at that location?
- Where is the vehicle located?
- Does it appear to be in good condition or has it started to be stripped?
- What is the colour, make and registration (if possible) of the vehicle.
Information on Murder, Rape, Shooting, Carnal Abuse, Child abuse etc.
- Do they know the name of the victim?
- Do they know the name(s) of the suspect(s)?
- Can they give information on where to find the suspect(s)?
- When and where did the crime take place?